The "O" House in Logan Circle Hits the Market
In 1879, John Batters, the owner of a grocery store at 13th and T Street NW, built a two-bedroom home at 1519 P Street NW for a mere $1,000.
There were two things that made the new residence — dubbed “The O House” after the original lot owner John O’Hagan — stand out. For one, it was the first major brick structure constructed on the 1500 block of P Street NW. Second, the home was built detached and set back from the street, two reasons that it differentiates itself from the attached rowhomes on the central Logan Circle street.