Where Are The Best Places To See Christmas Lights In Washington, DC?
Where are the Best Places to See Christmas Lights in Washington, DC?
There's something special about Christmas lights that just fills you with warmth and happiness. If you're looking for some great places to see Christmas lights in Washington, D.C., then you've come to the right place! From the National Zoo to Georgetown, these are some of the best places to take in the holiday cheer.
1. National Zoo: The National Zoo is a great place to take in the sights and sounds of the holiday season. Every year, they host "ZooLights," which features over 500,000 environmentally friendly LED lights. The event is free and open to the public, so be sure to check it out!
2. Georgetown: Georgetown is one of the most popular places to go Christmas light viewing in D.C. This historic neighborhood gets decked out in all sorts of holiday decorations, and there are plenty of great shops and restaurants to enjoy while you're there.
3. Dupont Circle: Dupont Circle is another popular spot for Christmas lights. Every year, the circle itself is lit up with a beautiful display, and many of the businesses in the area put up their own decorations as well.
4. The White House: No list of Washington, D.C., Christmas light attractions would be complete without mentioning the White House! While you can't actually go inside and see the decorations (unless you're on the president's guest list), you can certainly enjoy them from outside.
5. Capitol Hill: Capitol Hill is another great place to see Christmas lights in D.C. Many of the homes in this historic neighborhood go all out with their holiday decor, so it's definitely worth a visit if you're in town during Christmastime.
6. Alexandria: If you're looking for a more suburban area to enjoy some Christmas lights, Alexandria is a great option. This charming city has its own special brand of holiday cheer, and there are plenty of festive activities to enjoy while you're there.
7. Arlington: Arlington is another great suburb for Christmas light viewing. You can find all sorts of holiday displays throughout this Virginia community, and there's even an annual Arlington Holiday Lights Festival that features live entertainment and Santa Claus himself!
8. Falls Church: Falls Church is yet another fantastic suburb for enjoying some holiday cheer. This small city really goes all out when it comes to Christmas decorations, so be sure to add it to your list if you're looking for some festive fun outside of D.C proper.
9. Fairfax: Fairfax is yet another suburb that's perfect for Christmas light viewing. This city really goes above and beyond when it comes to putting up holiday displays, so be sure to check it out if you have the chance.
10. Reston: Last but not least on our list is Reston. This community always does an amazing job with its holiday decorating, so be sure to swing by if you get a chance!
So there you have it! 10 of the best places to see Christmas lights in Washington, DC! No matter where you go, you're sure to enjoy some festive fun and maybe even get into the holiday spirit yourself!. From relatively small towns like Falls Church to big city neighborhoods like Georgetown and Dupont Circle, there's something for everyone on this list. So, what are you waiting for? Get out there & start exploring the holidays!!!